The Broadband Technician will be responsible for the installation of residential cable products and services. The Broadband Technician must be able to deliver superior quality and strong customer service on every job they touch. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform installations, upgrades and repairs of residential cable products and services.
- Installation of aerial and underground cable drops and outlets.
- Install and configure customer computers, wireless routers, television sets, cable set-top equipment and other similar equipment.
- Maintain minimum benchmarks on client and company performance metrics.
- Help with field training of new employees who are going through the company training program.
- Carry out all work performed in the safest possible manner; following all internal safety guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain all assigned assets such as test meter, safety equipment, ladders and etc.
- Manage, track and organize client equipment and small parts. Must be able to account for the usage of all equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle. Ensure all routine maintenance is completed timely and any problems with vehicle are immediately reported to local management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- SCTE or NCTI Membership and/or Certificate are preferred.
- Must present a positive, professional image to employees, customers, and clients in all interactions.
- Must have strong communication skills and experience working with customers.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of basic hand tools including a powered drill.
- Have problem-solving skills and able to think on your feet.
- Have a general working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet AM Communications MVR qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a nationwide background check and drug screen.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
- Must be 20 years of age or older.
- Weigh 250lbs or less due to ladder safety.
Physical & Other Requirements
- Must be able to carry 80’-100’ lbs, to include a extension ladder.
- Must be able to work at heights of 28’ feet
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and left throughout work shift.