The primary responsibility of the Production Supervisor is to manage and support installation technicians. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities include, monitoring technicians in the field, technician support, up-training, quality control, routing of work and meeting field performance benchmarks. The Production Supervisor is the first line of support for a technician with a problem or question. The Production Supervisor is expected to uphold the company’s principles including integrity, quality, teamwork and customer experience at all times. The Production Supervisor is responsible for completing 139-200 points per week.
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervising local lead technicians and field technicians and other individuals or groups as determined by local management.
- Developing and promoting a team atmosphere and ensuring the proper support is provided to each technician within the operation.
- The Production Supervisor will have direct contact with the local MSO, our customer. It is important that these relationships are maintained and developed.
- Manage workloads and routing to ensure proper efficiencies based on local market guidelines. It is important each route is built to reduce downtime and can meet or exceed production goals.
- Managing day-to-day field operations for a assigned team, communicating with other members of local support staff, resolving issues and ensuring no technician is left out later than necessary.
- Managing and investigating customer complaints and damages. This includes contacting the customer, responding to MSO emails, completing necessary investigation paperwork, resolving issue and if necessary working with general contractor on repairs. All paperwork on complaints and damages must be maintained and organized.
- Ensuring that AM Communications is in compliance with all field related performance metrics is a critical part of a lead technicians responsibilities. These metrics include Service Rate, Quality Insurance Whole House Check, On Time Guarantees and any other market specific metrics.
- Enforce company safety practices by completing random safety site inspections. Any failed inspections must be reported to the corporate safety department. Immediate training and corrective disciplinary action will need to be taken with the technician.
- The Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the ongoing training of all install technicians. This includes training of new services, improving efficiencies, up-training on existing products and services and etc. Continued training is an important factor to the operations success in the market. All technicians must be knowledgeable on new and existing products.
- The Production Supervisor is responsible for completing 139-200 points per week.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- SCTE or NCTI Membership and/or Certificate are preferred.
- A minimum of 2 year cable or related industry experience required.
- Previous leadership experience in cable or related industry.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, web-based applications, email, and billing systems like ICOMS.)
- Ability to prioritize and organize and multi-task effectively.
- Must present a positive, professional image to employees, customers, and clients in all interactions.